Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you vow to eat better? Work out more? Take time for yourself? Be a happier person? Work harder? Get that promotion?
I am totally one of those people who makes a list of resolutions that are broken by February, but let’s see if 2017 can be different with these Mom resolutions.
- Back off of the social media…just a bit. I vow not to Instagram every little thing that my kids do or I see. Does anyone truly care about my kids’ bus stop shenanigans? I think not. But you should still follow me because I’m fun!
- Make meal time more important. My kids recently told me that they loved my cooking and didn’t want to go to a restaurant. I couldn’t figure this one out. I don’t cook awesome food (seriously it is frequently mac and cheese, hot dogs, and chicken nuggets because they are so darn picky!). Then I realized it is because I have become so lax on my “no devices or tv” rule at mealtimes. They just want to zone out while they eat. Ugh.
- Read more…of anything! I made a challenge in 2016 to read 24 books. I figured 2 per month was totally doable. I failed so bad it’s embarrassing. I am going to set a goal of 12 books for 2017 and work towards hitting that! Reading has always been relaxing to me, but once I became a mom I found it hard to do. I”m finally getting to a point where I can relax into a book again and it makes me so happy. Follow me on Goodreads and keep me honest, would ya’?
- Stick to my guns. Kids have this amazing ability of getting out of punishments by wearing me down and striking when I am exhausted! I need to get better with the follow through. If I say they are on their last chance it NEEDS to be their last chance.
- Take care of ME. I know that I am not a good mom when I don’t take care of myself, but I still always push my needs to the side so that my kids get something. Whether it is volunteering at their school or buying them shoes instead of me I always but their needs ahead of mine. #MomProbs In 2017 I am going to do some things for me. Gosh darnit I am going to buy myself some new leggings since all of mine have holes in them.
Are you making resolutions this year?
What are your 2017 resolutions, or are you a “word of the year” kind of person? Let me know what you are hoping to do in the coming year!
Did you like this post? Share it with a friend (and click the button below!).