A while ago A did a post about an awesome friend of mine and everything she does…you can find it HERE. Well I am finally back with another post about some of my great friends!
I know SO MANY people (women in particular) that are running their own businesses and starting new ventures that I wanted to offer up a bit of a friend roundup! This is LONG and there aren’t many pictures, but I encourage you to read it all…you might find your new favorite business!
Direct Sales Businesses
- Scentsy – Storybook Scents – Gina San Martin https://storybook.scentsy.us/ – Gina has been a friend of mine for more than 3 years. I met her through a mom’s group of mostly transplants to the Atlanta Metro area. She is one of the kindest and most giving women that I know and one of the strongest in her beliefs. If something is important to her than she will promote and defend it to all the nay-sayers. Gina has helped me in the past with a VERY successful fundraiser for my Susan G Komen 3 Day Team the MBQDs. If you have ever considered using Scentsy products Gina is your woman!
- Stampin’ Up – Emily Martin – http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampwithem/ – No lie…I had no clue that Emily had this business until I posted that I was looking to promote my friends’ projects. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! Especially for a crafter and ECLP (Erin Condren Life Planner) Addict like myself. I may have just spent 15 minutes making a fantasy list on her site. Emily is a sweet soul who kindly gave me one of her son’s old car seats last summer when our car was TOTALED and we didn’t have the money for a new car seat on top of a new car! She is an amazing woman and if you are at all crafty (or want to be) you need to check out her site.
- Younique – Kacie Kersey – Lashing Out – Okay, now I hope you are ready for a lot from this amazing woman!! Kacie is one of my tweeps…my #3DayTweeps to be exact! We “met” online a few years ago over our fight to kick breast cancer’s booty…now Kacie has been WORKING her booty off! On top of being a Premier Hairstylist at Hairlights Salon she sells the amazing product line Younique. They are mineral based makeups and look so cool! They have this 3D mascara that can take virtually non-existent lashes to ready for a night on the town!
- Roden and Fields – Kacie Kersey – R&F – I told you that there would be more from Kacie! Roden and Fields are a skin care line, which really goes well with her Lashing Out business! Basically their skin care lines combine over the counter medicines with cosmetic ingredients to help heal and take care of your skin. I might have to see if there is something for my HUGE pores.
- Partylight – Tabby Mitchell – www.partylite.biz/tabbym – Tabby is a wonderful friend that I met back in high school (high school number three to be exact) and she was nice to me right from the start. She has always been tough as nails, but always very supportive. We really got to know each other over our senior trip to the beach, and thanks to the glory that is Facebook we have been able to keep in touch. I know that everyone knows Partylight…I remember going to parties with my mom back in the day and getting the CKOne candles lol…so if you have been looking for a consultant, please consider Tabby.
- Jamberry – Casondra Price – http://casondraprice.jamberrynails.net/ – THIS is another one of those women who I envy their energy! Casondra is also a #3DayTweep AND a survivor! *Insert round of applause here* On top of all of that she has 3 daughters, a hubby, and is constantly working on some amazing project/upgrade for her house. She is an amazingly motivated and positive person and you can’t help but have some of it rub off on you! Not only did she just start her Jamberry business a few months ago she has grown it…like big time. I bet by the time I get this posted she will go up another tier 😉
- Thirty One – Jen Frady – www.mythirtyone.com/jenfrady – I cannot gush over this woman enough! She has been a great source of comfort and support for me since I was a lowly Gymboree key holder (love the store still!). We have helped each other through many things and she has also helped me fundraise for the 3 Day! (Have you noticed a pattern?) I know that there are Thirty One consultants on every block these days, but Jen will go that extra mile for you! I actually think she sold someone a display item before it was available to purchase just to make the customer happy!
- Stella and Dot – Jenn Ferensick – http://www.stelladot.com/sites/JennFerensick – Jenn keeps me laughing!! I met her at a Christmas Party (at her house mind you) when she was cute and preggo with baby number 2 and we hit it off immediately! I have been looking for a way to support her business since she started (I was going to do a fundraiser, but I’m not walking this year lol) and this is what I can do until I save my $$ to shop. If you haven’t checked out Stella and Dot’s merchandise you REALLY need to! Not only do they have pretty baubles, but scarves and bags!
- BeachBody – Emily Hobel – www.beachbodycoach.com/
emilyhobel – I had Emily write a little blurb about her business for me before I decided to write all of the others. I find it perfect and am going to leave it! Emily is an Independent BeachBody Coach, looking to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. It’s not a magic pill to get you in shape – Emily will figure out what program will best fit your needs and lifestyle, and keep you accountable to achieve your goals! BeachBody is the company that created P90X, Insanity, T25 – there are workout and nutrition programs to get you fit and focused. – I couldn’t have said it better myself! Her website might be changing in the near future, so be on the lookout!
- Origami Owl – Tammy Klueger (http://thinkdreambelieve.origamiowl.com/) AND Kacie Kersey (http://charmedkacie.origamiowl.com/) – Why YES I do have two Origami Owl Designers amongst my friends! Tammy, like Kacie and Casondra, is a #3DayTweep. I know that she has been running her business for a while now and it always looks so fun! If you are every looking for that perfectly personalized piece of jewelry, they can help!
- Happy Little One – Jess Sheidy – https://www.etsy.com/shop/HappyLittleOne – I have known Jess since high school where we were cheerleaders and worked on silly projects together. Now she is busy growing baby #2 and making little girl’s tutus to sell on etsy! One of my FAVORITE things about her tutus is that they are real person affordable! Some tutus sell for like $60 and her highest priced item is $12!!! The other thing I love are the gorgeous headbands…Eliza might need one of those in the near future!!
- PoopsieDoodles – Noelle Searles – https://www.etsy.com/shop/poopsiedoodles?ref=si_shop – Do you cloth diaper? I didn’t…I’m not quite that crunchy…but I know a lot of my friends do/did and Noelle actually makes cloth diapers!! She was one of my first friends when I moved to the South and she gave me 2 awesome burpcloths that she was testing out…it looks like they haven’t quite made it into the shop, BUT there are cloth wipes that look just as cute! Oh, and they held up great through daily use and were passed down to my nephew. Her patterns really are amazing.
- Hair Lights – Kacie Kersey – https://www.facebook.com/kaciedoeshair – As most people know and appreciate when you find a good stylist you ONLY GO TO THEM. Especially is you have been wronged by others before. Kacie’s Facebook page is where she keeps her regular clients updated on any specials that she has, new business ventures, or if her hours will be varying from the norm. She is based in Pleasanton, CA so if you are within the area you should look her up…she’ll be the one with the amazing peacock colored hair!
WHEW!!! That was a lot! I am hoping to do a Flourishing Friend post every quarter, or so. Sometimes I may focus on one individual and other times it might be a linkup of sorts! If you are interested in being featured please contact me at email@example.com.