Recently my friend Ray over at BritishMumUSA nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.This is an award very similar to the Liebster Award where it is blogger nominated so that you can get to know others by answering some fun (and silly) questions.
Here are my questions from Ray!
1) What is your favorite time of day, and why?
10pm – By this point EVERYTHING is finally over. The kids are in bed, the podcasts have been recorded, and I can snuggle up with hubby and/or Netflix to fall asleep! I also like to think that this is when the House Elves clean, but they must be on strike this week.
2) What is your favorite dish to make and eat?
Gnocchies! These have always been my favorite pasta dish and when my aunt taught me how to make them I was SO EXCITED! I make them all the time and for all occasions. Pot luck dinner? Gnocchies! Someone just had a baby? Gnocchies! Random Tuesday? Gnocchies!
3) What is one weird thing on your bucket list?
Work at Walt Disney World! haha I am absolutely obsessed with everything from the land of the Mouse and I think that the addiction is only growing the older I get. I think that working at Disney would be SO COOL…even if I was just a hotel receptionist or something. There is just something about the culture and magic that I want to be apart of.
4) What is your favorite lazy thing to do?
Marathoning TV shows. I have been marathoning The West Wing (for the 3rd time in 2 years) and I have been carrying my iPad around and “watching” it constantly LOL I don’t know what I would do without Netflix and Amazon Prime.
5) What one movie could you watch time and again?
Hmmm…I don’t know! I don’t really watch movies very often any more. In the past I would have told you Clueless or Chicago, but now I struggle to even think of the last movie I saw. Oh yeah, Saving Mr. Banks and it was pretty good.
6) Where in the world would you live?
London! I have always wanted to see Italy and Ireland before I die, but the older I get the more into British culture I get and would love to spend some quality time there.
7) What one thing drives you nuts?
Myself. I HATE my lack of confidence. I HATE how I second guess everything I do. Sometimes I feel like I can take on the world, and some days I feel like I need to just hide under my pillow. I am working on it, but it is a SLOW process!
8) What is one thing that you find funny, that you shouldn’t?
When my kids fall LOL (As long as they aren’t seriously hurt, of course!) The other day I took Kid #3 to the playground and he spun and spun on one of the pieces of equipment and then fell like 6 times before he regained his footing. I was cracking up! Some other mothers were giving me the side eye, but whatever.
9) What was your worst vacation ever?
I’m not sure about being the worst vacation, but I can tell you the worst PART of a vacation. Driving home from Savannah, GA to Pittsburgh, PA with the largest hangover EVER. We had been in Savannah for my cousin’s wedding and the bartender had been VERY generous with my drinks. We got back to the rental house late and had to leave early to drive home after dropping my parents off at the airport. I basically slept the whole way to the airport and then suffered driving for hours before making my brother and boyfriend drive. (I’ve always been the primary driver). THEN just as we thought we were getting to the home stretch we got lost…in Southern West Virginia. We probably added 2 hours onto our trip because we could not find our way. This was years before we had a GPS or a smartphone, so we were literally using maps. I was hungover, lost and using maps. UGH
10) You own a pet and he is featured on your blog as: A spy, assassin, or your conscience? Which and why and what is his name?
I had a long haired Calico cat named Claudia when I was younger and she would have totally been an assassin. If fact, I am surprised that we all did make it out alive. (She was named after Claudia from the Babysitters’ Club books…BEST books ever and I can’t wait for my kids to start reading them.)
Working On Working Mom
1) What is your favorite form of social media and why?
2) If you could live in another time in history where would you choose? What would you imagine your life to be like?
3) What does your writing space look like?
4) Dream vacation…go!
5) What is your favorite dessert?
6) Glitter…friend or foe?
7) You have a weekend to yourself. No responsibilities or chores to be done. What do you do?
8) The alarm goes off in the morning, what does your morning look like?
9) Coffee, tea, cider, or hot cocoa? Favorite brand?
10) What store could you max out your credit cards in?
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who nominated you.
2. Add the award logo.
3. Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
4. Nominate 7 other blogs and let them know via comments.
5. Ask your nominees 10 questions.