Okay, so back in July I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Candice and Sara over at The Let’s Go Ladies and SOMEHOW I couldn’t get my act together to put together the post. I started it…and then it sat in my drafts for MONTHS. It’s kind of embarrassing to be honest.
Well then just last week Christina at The Dance Grad nominated me AGAIN! So here I am determined to get this post written and posted.
Here is how the Liebster Award works:
– The Liebster Award is blogger nominated. You give it to someone who is new to blogging or has a smaller blog to help them gain recognition.
– The person who nominates you asks you 10 questions.
– You nominate 10 more blogs and ask them 10 questions.
So that is pretty darn cool!!! Since I took so long to complete this post I am going to answer ALL of the questions that Candice, Sara, AND Christina have asked me…
1) How long have you been blogging?
After a few weak starts I started blogging properly in October 2013 and have been really making it a priority Spring 2014. This has only grown and grown since the summer and I am taking it full time (in addition to my podcasts and editing my husband’s books) in early December.
2) Why did you decide to start a blog?
I was a SAHM to three kids for three years while trying to find a good full time job that just didn’t seem like it was ever coming. I also really like to cook/bake, craft, and talk. So I decided to start a blog to get out my thoughts and share some of my experiences (good or bad) with my projects. I really wish I would have started it years ago because it is so fun and therapeutic!
3) Do you write off-the-cuff or do you have a schedule?
I used to write almost exclusively “off the cuff.” I would realize that I needed to get a post up and that The SITS Girls Twitter chat was coming up and I had nothing to promote so I would whip something together. Over the past month or two I have started getting my act together and planning. Of course, there are still some super fun off the cuff posts that just HAVE to be posted.
4) How do you keep motivated to continue blogging?
I just love it!! The entire process is just fun for me…the writing, editing, SEO, twitter chats, coffee breaks, everything! This allows me to be creative which makes me happier than anything in the world.
5) What’s one app/plugin/application you found the most useful for your blogging?
Twitter!! It is amazing the amount of information that you can fit in 140 characters 😉
6) Where do you like to write? (On the go? In a cafe? A special nook in your home?)
I prefer to write at my desk in my room because it has become “my space.” There have been times where I write at Starbucks or in my cube at work on my lunch break and the words just do not flow as smoothly. I do need to clean up my area a bit though!
7) How do you get over writer’s block?
Cook! I usually get writers block when I haven’t planned, so I take to Pintrest and find ideas and recipes to tweek and make my own…the I blog about it! This is a win-win because I usually end up with dinner or dessert too 😉
8) What’s one post you’ve written that you’re really proud of?
I LOVE my Cauliflower Mac and Cheese!! This was one of my favorite recipes that I came up with and it was really simple, healthy, and MY KIDS EAT IT!
9) What inspires you? (either to write or in life!)
My husband 100%!! He is the most motivated person and I wish I could be like him. He has more creative talent in his pinky than I have in my whole body, BUT I have learned that I am WAY better at SEO than he is! That is a fun feather to have in my cap.
10) What’s one of your favorite blogs to read and why?
I read so many that it is crazy!! Usually I troll my Bloglovin’ feed and read what looks interesting…nothing that I read regularly.
11) What do you love most about blogging?
Community!! While I finally have an AWESOME group of friends IRL, the sense of likeness and community that I feel with other bloggers is amazing! They are always there to answer my questions and we help each other promote. I have been able to work with other bloggers on blog hops, guest posts, and even co-hosting a Secret Santa style Cookie Swap all because of the bloggers that I have met.
And now for the 10 questions that Christina has for me!
1. When and why did you start blogging?
I think I answered this above, but I started in October 2013 for entertainment. I needed a creative outlet and a blog just made sense.
2. What is your favorite type of physical exercise, and why?
Walking! My bestie and I walk every week a few miles at the local park…we are a little sad now that it is too cold and dark to walk so we walk around used book stores and Target. I also kind of love lunges and squats…I just need to make myself do them more often!
3. What is your favorite holiday song? (any holiday will do)
I have 2 – The Hoola Hoop Song by The Chipmunks and Let it Snow by Boys II Men. I find the Chipmunk song just hilarious and Let it Snow was one of my mom’s favorite Christmas songs and we would play it the whole month of December!
4. What is your favorite type of chocolate (milk, dark, white, etc.)?
DARK!! There is just something super tasty about dark chocolate…especially with almonds and sea salt *drool*
5. If you had to choose one article of clothing to wear every single day for the rest of your life, what would it be? (meaning one single specific thing, not the general “hat” or “shirt”)
My Gotham hoodie! LOL Earlier this year my co-host for Legends of Gotham and I were finalists for (and appeared in) the Gotham fan trailer. As a thank you we each got a Gotham hoodie, GCPD badge and a lanyard…we practically LIVE in the hoodies!
6. What is your go-to hot beverage for this time of year?
Hot Cocoa with espresso! I guess most people would call that a mocha, but it doesn’t have the milk so it’s not!
7. If you could go anywhere in the world right now (time & money are not a factor), where would you go & why?
HOME which means West Virginia, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. I miss my family and haven’t seen them under happy circumstances in a LONG time. BUT this year for Christmas we are actually going home!! This will be my first holiday with family since moving to Atlanta in 2010!
8. Rainy days or sunny days?
Depends on what I have to do that day. While sunny days are perfect for running around and getting out of the house, rainy days just made for laying in bed to read or marathon Netflix!
9. Can you touch your tongue to your elbow?
No…and yes, I just tried.
10. If you could interview anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
My mom. I lost my mom 5 years ago to breast cancer and I don’t think that I absorbed enough information from her. Daily I have questions for her about everything. It would be great to site down and throw some of her knowledge into my head!
Here they are!! A huge variety of bloggers who talk about topics ranging from parenting to beer to finances and beyond! I know some of these ladies in real life and I have worked with of few in the blog-o-sphere. I cannot wait to read your answers.
1 – Ray http://www.britishmumusa.com/
2 – Farrah http://www.reflectivemama.com/
3 – Kristen http://maniacmom.weebly.com/
4 – Jessica http://www.heybrewtiful.com/
5 – Trish http://www.beyondthekhakipants.com/
6 – Leah http://www.hustleandbustling.com/
7 – Amy Jo http://www.wheremagiclivesblog.com/
8 – Hayley http://www.middleclassmamas.com/
9 – Kristen http://kidsareatrip.com/
10 – Jennifer http://www.mothereze.com/
My Questions for YOU
1) What is the hardest part about blogging?
2) What is your favorite animal, and why?
3) We are coming up on the holidays and one of my favorite traditions…the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade…do you watch it?
4) Have you met your “tribe,” and if so where did you find them?!
5) Pumpkin, Apple, Cinnamon, or Peppermint?
6) Where do you blog? (office, Starbucks, kitchen table, etc)
7) What do you wish you could improve on?
8) What is your favorite season?
9) JACKPOT….you win a million dollars tax free….what do you do with it?
10) What charity or foundation is close to your heart?
So there you have it! Who would YOU nominate for the Liebster Award???