Up until about a month ago I had never heard of the word of the year. And now it seems to be all the hotness around the internet, especially with bloggers. Everyone wants to be able to sum up what 2015 will look like, and it has barely even started!
I guess I can see how giving yourself a word, or five, to focus on and strive for over the course of the year can be a good thing. I am just worried that by choosing one that I will feel limited.
So I read a few posts. And tweeted back and forth with some bloggers to try and get a better understanding as to why everyone is doing this (it’s apparently been going on for a few years). After talking with these women I was inspired.
It really pays to surround yourself with awesome people. They push you to think differently than you ever thought possible. My husband does this for me too. Especially when I start falling down the abyss of trashy TV he pulls me back to talking about serious things…like work…and the crazy amount of things I should be doing at the moment. I digress…
So I was inspired to write a post with my chosen word (or rather phrase) and even took up pen and paper to draft this. I don’t think I have done that in almost 10 years! It felt nice. I think I will do that more often. (See inspired!)
I know that the next year is going to be full of all sorts of chaos, but I am going to do my best to work with it in a creative way. Here is just a snippet into the chaos that I am able to anticipate.
- 2 kids in 2 different school districts with 2 different break schedules! This is what happens when you want kid #2 to go to the same Pre-K that kid #1 went to…even after you move across the county line.
- Really working at home full time…while chasing around and potty training a 3 year old…that doesn’t want to be potty trained because he likes being the baby.
- The beginning of Universe Box, our umbrella creative company…and it’s accompanying podcast (that will make 3 podcasts)
- Greetings from Storybrooke continuing to grow it’s amazing fan base. We need to branch out and reach new people so that things just keep getting better…how does one use the Tumblr’s because that seems to be where our fans are!
- Legends of Gotham and it’s crazy growing interactions with the cast, crew, and fan community. I am still in awe that I have gotten to interview (and make a fool of myself!) 2 members of the cast…they are awesome btw!
- MOVING!! We are 95% positive that we want to move when our lease is up at the end of the school year, so, you know…that’s easy (NOT) and not chaotic at all (NOT)
- Summer with 3 kids at home that need to be entertained…all while unpacking from previously mentioned moving…while keeping the blog and podcast worlds moving!
- Next fall having all 3 kids in school! A 2nd grader, kindergardener, and a Pre-K kiddo…HOW did that happen?!
- Realizing that I am going to have a lot more quality work time…which is awesome, but stressful…I put a lot of pressure on myself.
- Hubby looking for and finding a new 9-5 job
- Hubby working on at least one new book series
- THE UNKNOWN!!!
My life if going to be VERY busy this year, but I am going to take this chaos by the horns and make it amazing and creative! If I don’t, you are going to find me hiding under my covers with a bottle of vodka.
Have you chosen a word to represent 2015? What is it and why did you choose it!?