Hard boiled eggs are delicious. They are a great as an on-the-go snack or chopped up in a salad. Eggs are also a great way to add protein to your diet and they fall into the acceptable column for both Paleo and 21 Day Fix.
But you know what isn’t awesome?
A huge pot of boiling water on the stove while 3 kids spin around singing/dancing/fighting and try to climb on you. There is something
Enter the hard boiled egg…cooked in the oven! This is SO EASY you will never cook your eggs on top of the stove again.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Put eggs in cupcake/muffin tins and put them in the oven. SAVE YOUR EGG CONTAINER! Why get rid of this perfect storage spot for your finished product? Just make sure that the containers are clearly labeled hard boiled vs raw.
- Set your timer for 25 minutes then walk away. I have noticed that my kids do not need shoo’d away from a hot oven nearly as much as an open flame.
- Take the eggs out when your timer goes off. See how they have all sorts of spots on them? Don’t worry about that. It is from the liquid coming out of the eggs while they are baking and it sort of cooks on the shell. Those spots will be history in a minute.
- CAREFULLY move the eggs from the cupcake tins to a big bowl of ice water for 10 minutes or until they have cooled completely.
- Return the eggs to their original (and clearly marked) container for storage before popping them in the refrigerator.
And that’s it!
How easy is that? Let me know your experience using this method of egg cooking below!
Do you have any other unconventional methods of preparing very conventional foods? I would love some new ideas to try!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to share it with your friends!