In my almost 7 years as a parent I have come to learn one thing…my kids LOVE pizza. We love pizza in all shapes and sizes. They like frozen pizza, fresh pizza, cheap pizza, expensive pizza, pizza bites, pizza rolls…ALL kinds of pizza (as long as it is cheese or pepperoni!). So we frequently make our own pizzas around here.
Making your own pizza is super easy and actually makes me feel a little better about serving my kids pizza every week (I told you they are addicted!). This weekend when I went to make them pizza I realized that we were out of sauce, but we did have some leftover ricotta cheese. I decided to spice things up by making Super Cheesy Sauceless Pizzas and man were they a hit!
Pizza in 15 minutes
- Flour tortillas
- Ricotta Cheese
- Mozzarella or Pizza Shredded Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Other Toppings
- Parchment Paper
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and cover your baking sheet with parchment paper. I have started doing this with almost everything I bake to reduce clean up…and it is AWESOME! I have seen parchment for almost $4 at the grocery store, but I grabbed mine at the dollar store and it works just fine.
2) Lay out your tortillas on the parchment.
3) Add 2 heaping spoonfuls of ricotta cheese into a bowl.
4) Top the ricotta with a big handful of shredded mozzarella.
5) Sprinkle on some seasonings to your taste and mix with the cheeses.
6) Spread your cheese and seasoning mixture on your tortillas. I coated them pretty heavily since we weren’t using red sauce.
7) Add your toppings! My kiddos are only pepperoni peoples. Each tortilla should hold about 6 pieces of pepperoni.
8) Pop your baking sheet in your preheated oven for about 10-13 minutes. I usually start checking it at 10 and then keep an eye on them until they look crispy.
9) Let your pizzas cool a minute before serving! Since they are going to be all cheese there is a good chance they could burn little mouths.
I usually serve our pizzas with some fruit and veggie on the side…usually applesauce pouches and mini carrots. Weekends do lend themselves to a little dessert with our lunch too. Anyone for a brownie?
Are your kids (or you!) addicted to pizza like us? What is your go-to quick meal?